Welcome to Bridge 2 Fitness where soft tissue therapy can help alleviate pain or injury brought on through sport or everyday stresses and strains so you can get back to doing the things you love. At Bridge 2 Fitness treatment will help you to enjoy daily life without pain and discomfort. For athletes regular treatment, including deep tissue massage, will help you avoid injury so you can achieve your sporting challenges, cope with increasing training levels and recover quickly from training sessions and races.
Soft Tissue and Remedial Therapist, Viv Alexander, qualified with a BTEC Level 5 Professional National Diploma from the prestigious London School of Sports Massage (LSSM). She is a member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage. Covering the Southampton, New Forest and surrounding areas, she offers treatment for many soft tissue injuries and conditions such as ankle sprains, achilles tendinopathy, ITB pain, foot pain, plantar fasciitis, peroneal strain, knee pain, lower back, neck and shoulder pain, headaches, postural problems and piriformis syndrome (see the testimonials page). The assessment, treatment, including massage, and rehabilitation plan will help you recover faster from injury and get on with doing the things you enjoy.
Soft tissue therapy can help
- relieve aching and tense muscles
- increase flexibility
- improve posture
- prepare and recover from events
- recover faster from injuries.
- Assessment to determine treatment plan for the individual client.
- Treatment with a range of soft tissue techniques (including massage) to help recovery from injury and improve soft tissue condition and joint mobility.
- Kinesiology taping if needed/required.
- Muscle Activation (Be Activated) This involves assessing how the body moves and compensatory patterns and tension that may have developed. Using muscle activation and correcting poor breathing patterns will help your muscles function the way they are intended so your body becomes stronger, resilient and energised.
- Rehabilitation – exercise advice including strengthening and stretching aimed at speeding up recovery, preventing injury recurrence and improving posture, performance and function.
Contact Viv for more information or to enquire about an appointment.