Welcome to Bridge 2 Fitness where soft tissue therapy can help alleviate pain or injury brought on through sport or everyday stresses and strains so you can get back to doing the things you love. At Bridge 2 Fitness treatment will help you to enjoy daily life without pain and discomfort.
Soft Tissue Therapy is more than just sports massage and is for anyone. A Soft Tissue Therapist Assesses, Treats and offer Rehabilitation advice for people suffering a range of minor and chronic injuries caused by any lifestyle factor. As well as treating the injury they aim to identify the underlying causes and offer more long-term improvements in physical wellbeing. At Bridge 2 Fitness you will be given the highest quality of care and treatment, whether you just want to ease that achy back and go for a walk without pain … or take part in a triathlon! Soft tissue therapy is for every one!
For athletes regular treatment, including deep tissue massage, will help you avoid injury so you can achieve your sporting challenges, cope with increasing training levels and recover quickly from training sessions and races.
Soft Tissue and Remedial Therapist, Viv Alexander, qualified with a BTEC Level 5 Professional National Diploma from the prestigious London School of Sports Massage (LSSM). She is a member of the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage and registered with the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council. Covering the Southampton, New Forest and surrounding areas,
‘Having discovered the benefits of running and exercise myself, I am passionate about helping people to live more active lives, free of pain and injuries. I offer treatment for painful conditions and injures whether they seem to have come on suddenly or have been gradually getting worse and just won’t go away (see the testimonials page). The assessment, treatment, including massage, and rehabilitation plan I offer will help you recover faster from pain and injury and get on with doing the things you enjoy.’
Soft tissue therapy helps:
- relieve aching and tense muscles
- increase flexibility
- improve posture
- prepare and recover from events
- recover faster from injuries.
- Assessment to determine treatment plan for the individual client.
- Treatment with a range of soft tissue techniques (including massage) to help recovery from injury and improve soft tissue condition and joint mobility.
- Kinesiology taping if needed/required.
- Acupuncture – based on oriental medicine – many injuries can be alleviated with acupuncture.
- Muscle Activation (Be Activated) This involves assessing how the body moves and compensatory patterns and tension that may have developed. Using muscle activation and correcting poor breathing patterns will help your muscles function the way they are intended so your body becomes stronger, resilient and energised.
- Rehabilitation – exercise advice including strengthening and stretching aimed at speeding up recovery, preventing injury recurrence and improving posture, performance and function.
- MELT Hand and Foot instructor. MELT techniques can help you to continue treatment at home and help with prevention and rehabilitation from injury.
Having trained in video gait analysis, and running re-education Viv can also help runners who get repeated injuries by looking at their gait and advising on strength and conditioning exercises.
Contact Viv for more information or to enquire about an appointment.